What you'll need
- Template for Mickey's Shamrock Shorts Cookies
- Batch of sugar cookie dough (Upstream Catering Cookie Dough $10 / Quart)
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Kitchen knife
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Green cookie icing (the kind that hardens when it sets up)
- White chocolate chips
- Small microwavable mixing bowl
How to make it
- Print and cut out the Mickey's Shamrock Shorts Cookies template.
- Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use the template piece and a kitchen knife to cut Mickey short shapes from the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt a small handful of white chocolate chips in the microwave according to the package directions. Spread the melted candy on wax paper and set it aside for a few minutes to harden. Once it's ready, cut the candy into thin slivers to use for the shamrock stems, and set them aside for now.
- Working with one cookie at a time, spread the tops with green cookie icing. Before the icing sets, add two shamrock buttons. For each, press three white chocolate chips (tips down) into the icing, and add a tiny candy stem.
- Set the decorated cookies aside for the icing to harden (four hours or so) before serving.